- Identify customer experience wow factors in Transportation space and work towards realizing them
- Develop business model and offering strategy to maximize platform adoption in the markets within which we compete.
- Work closely with engineering to develop the product offerings for these opportunities
- Work closely with Ops, Merchants, Webstore & external sales teams to develop a go-to-market strategy
- Collaborate with carriers and sellers in building necessary features to offer best transportation experience for customers
- Build and manage a team of great product managers
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon's platform presents. This leader is results oriented, and has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- He or she is a strong leader who is analytical and data driven can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
- The role requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
- This leader will lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business.
- They will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing this rapidly, this leader will not have the luxury of having a tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between competing priorities.
From a business perspective, this leader will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services and possess a strong understanding of the industry
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Have excellent collaborative skills as a leader
- Be extremely passionate about offering the best experience to customers
- Attract, hire and develop a team of terrific Product Managers
Professional traits that is not unique to this position, but a necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Influences without authority
- Data based decision making
Education & Experience:
- Have a Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science & Engineering or related discipline; MBA preferred.
- Relevant experience in building and owning world class software products for 5+ years
Work effectively across functional teams
- Be customer obsessed and result oriented
- Experience in the eCommerce domain is desirable
- Have demonstrated the ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment