The role is responsible for maintaining the quality standards of premium automotive and industrial products being produced & filled at the plant & 3P sites. The QC Manager is also expected to play a key role in managing cross-functional relationships with other functions viz. GLT, Procurement, Packaging Development, HSSE & Engineering etc.
The Quality Head will take charge of quality control function at the plant & support in quality control & quality assurance of premium petrochemical products as well as manage in up keeping, auditing and improvement in the ISO 9001, ISO: 14001 standards and take initiatives in TQM and HSSE.
Key Result Areas:
Specifically, the role encompasses the following KRAs:-
1) Upgrade & maintain the HSE standards of QC laboratory by implementing the GLP safety standards.
2) Responsible for effectively maintaining the product integrity of finished products by providing the GLT approved cost effective blends for manufacturing & QC testing of finished products as per IP / ASTM / internal standards.
3) Responsible for controlling the quality aspects of raw materials viz. base oils, additives & packaging materials.
4) Upkeep the quality management standards ISO 9001:2000 of the plant & effectively handle the ISO surveillance audits.
5) Provide support in manufacturing of new products & implementing new packs in co-ordination with GLT, Packaging Development & Procurement.
6) Take complete ownership of genuine customer complaints & implement the effective preventive measures by conducting cross-functional RCA.
7) Budget the capital & other laboratory expenses to maintain & upgrade the lab testing facilities used for retaining industry testing standards.
8) Actively support the TQM initiatives taken at the plant level.
9) Manage quality audits of Third Party and key Blow Moulders.
10) Manage testing of northern region market/field samples & provide necessary QC support to TMO function.
Responsible to provide QC test reports on time with precise QC comments to northern region sales & TMO teams.
11) Take quality control responsibilities of third party operations.
12) Implement the packaging & blend related cost saving projects undertaken by corporate team at plant level.
- MSc/ B Tech / BE (preferable Chemical). PG Diploma in Management would be an added advantage
Essential experience and job requirements
An MSc/ Btech- Chemical with 7-12 yrs experience, currently heading the quality function in a reputed Chemicals, Paints, petrochemicals, lubricants blending plant. Sound knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO: 14001 standards and TQM and EHS.