Mandatory / Primary Skills
* Should have experience in planning, budgeting, resourcing, implementation, monitoring and controlling activities such as review of layouts, loom board designs, drawings, computing Bill of Materials at enquiry stage itself, release procedures and other replication collaterals, storage and dispatch of critical cable systems and finally, managing traceability requirements. Adhere to project management requirements for the wire harnessing and loom activity.
* Experience in Aircraft Looms and RF cables will be a huge plus.
* Must be able to communicate with various customers on the technical requirements, be able to discuss, participate and negotiate in finalizing technical requirements and acceptance methodologies. Must be able to participate in responses and solutions to RFP s from the Aerospace and Defense sector in the cabling sphere of business.
* Must have lead a team of design engineers, technicians and skilled workers. Must be a hands on leader, a motivator and a mentor. Manage team objectively and participating in all team management activities from planning to recruitment, resource development and retention.
* Must have worked in an ISO 9001-2008 QMS environment. Experience with AS9100B will be a huge plus.
* Hands on experience in wiring harness engineering and development with knowledge of various cable finishing tools and techniques such as crimp, solder, splicing, potting, sleeving, printing, Connectorisation, etc
* Hands on experience in designing and developing cable harnesses and looms of different shapes and sizes, including straight, spliced, jointed, curved, asymmetrical, trailing etc.
* Hands on experience in complex interconnections systems, with sound practical application of various electrical standards as applicable to cables, wires, connectors, cable accessories such as flanges, heads, clamps, ties.
* Hands on experience in various test tools and techniques to test, qualify and install various kinds of cable harnesses, cables, wires and looms for the aviation and defense industry.
* Should have used tools such as Cable Markers, Braiding machines, cable and sleeve printing machines, cable analyzers, fault locators etc.
* Expertise with software design tools such as CableTest, Mentor Graphics CHS, Pro-E or any other cable harness design tool. Adherence to Avionic and MIL standards.
* Knowledge of mechanical components and manufacturing process used in the cable industry is a must.
* Domain skills in the Aviation and Defense sector.
* Mechanical CAD design experience will be a huge plus.
* A fearless attitude to engineering related work. Yet having the good use of common sense and knowing when to take the risk and when not to.
* Candidate must have excellent communication skills (spoken, telecon, written communication skills necessary to work effectively with overseas team members)
* Must also be good thinkers, with an ability to articulate thought process well in individual meetings as well as larger team meetings, knowing not only the art of "know-how", but also "know-when", especially in dealings with related stakeholders such as customers, partners, vendors and fellow team members.
* Must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing technology industry, yet adapt to the slower pace of adoption in the defense and aviation sector where proven quality is paramount.
* Must have a positive attitude and display maturity in understanding that organizational goals and objectives take precedence to individual goals and objectives.
* Must have the ability to multi-task with poise and grace. Must be able to self manage stress. Be responsible and accountable and work with minimal supervision.
* This is a supervisor category position, in largely repetitive, yet critical, work activity. Candidates must be self-motivated and self driven and be able to motivate and extract higher productivity from skill staff. Should be result oriented against high customer expectations.
* Knowledge of the local language will be a plus.
Qualifications and Credentials:
Candidates must be at least an engineering graduate in Electronics and Electrical Engineering / Mechanical / Telematics / Aerospace / Production Technology/ Mechatronics, with excellent academic credentials, from premier engineering institutes.
Candidates with a master s degree in engineering or MBA would be given preference. Candidate who satisfies at least a part of the technical requirements and most of the personality requirements would be exciting candidates to meet with. (Diploma holders, who satisfy the skill requirements and who have more than 25 years experience will also be considered)