As Senior IT Delivery Manager -- Middle/Back Office, you will join the IT Development Team delivering strategic technology projects across the middle and back office operations.
You will be responsible for a team of around 50 Middle and Back Office IT resources based in Pune. This team is split across Business Analysts, Developers and QA Testers.
Your role will be to ensure that your technology team works together to deliver quality IT projects to plan.
This is a hands on technical management and delivery role. You will be expected to understand and manage the team through the entire SDLC from project initiation to implementation into production environment.
Your goals will be to drive the IT team to effectively estimate and plan software deliveries, ensure business requirements are understood, hit project delivery dates, keep code quality high and coding issues to a minimum.
As well as ensuring delivery of high quality software to benchmarked standards and best practices, you will also be expected to drive improvements to best practices where necessary.
The Senior IT Delivery Manager will be based in Pune and report functionally to the Head of Middle/Back Office IT in Singapore and locally to the Managing Director of our Pune Development Center.
* Delivery Management. Manage across IT teams and IT disciplines to ensure a quality IT development and change are delivered into the production environment according to plan.
* Team Management. Manage and develop a high performance development team that is trusted by the business and technology groups it supports.
* Development Management. Manage internal developments, ensuring developments are correctly estimated, planed and resourced.
* Ensure that developments undertaken (either in-house or vendor) follow the benchmarked standard practices and are taking us towards our end state architecture.
* Identify where current practices and processes are sub-optimal and proactively work to implement new or changed procedures where necessary.
* Take prioritized business requirements and develop plans using internal and/or vendor resources to deliver technical solutions.
* Communication. Provide high quality and accurate high level and detailed communication and transparency of technology development status, progress and strategy to Business and Technology groups and stakeholders in a concise and timely manner.
* Resource Management. Ensure your team is of high quality by hiring and retaining the best candidates. Maintain resource standard within the team by ensuring training needs are met.
Essential Skills and Experience
* 10+ years of experience in a technology development function at a global Investment Bank or leading Broker/Dealer.
* 5+ years of technology development management. Managing teams of developers to build internal applications.
* 5+ years of managing end to end SDLC management deliveries (from requirement to production).
* Strong Software Delivery Management, creating and tracking development plans and working across many teams Globally within IT and the Business in order to achieve success.
* Good knowledge and experience of all aspects of a SDLC.
* Solid and proven track record in quality Software Delivery.
* Strong functional and technical design ability with good understanding of the sell side Equities business.
* Good overall business knowledge Front to Back but particularly of Middle and Back Office processes.
* A strong appreciation of key business drivers and an understanding of the IT impact upon the business
* Experience in managing development deliveries from an off-shore location.
* Experience in High Performance Team Management and skills development.
* Clear and confident communication style -- verbal and written
* Attention to detail -- the individual will be required to ensure all impacted systems are considered when delivering software solutions.
* Experience in managing a team size of 30+ resources.