In the role of Senior Electrical Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- be responsible for the design and technical delivery of a wide range of projects, in various engineering sectors predominantly focusing on retail, hotel and commercial buildings
- lead engineering teams comprising building services engineers, structural engineers and civil engineers
- act as mentor to junior employees within the team
- understand client and market requirements
- take an active role in liaising with clients on face to face basis to deliver project and grow the business
- assist with bidding and developing the business (when necessary)
- it is expected that the candidate will want to develop personally and take on greater management and commercial responsibilities for which training and mentoring will be offered.
You have the following skills and experience:-
- strong, self-motivated, degree qualified Electrical Engineer -MCIBSE or MIET qualified or near chartered
- significant experience and a proven track record in the field of electrical design for building services engineering which should include 11KV substations and infrastructure, standby power, HV and LV switchgear, power distribution systems, internal and external lighting and controls as well as an understanding of security systems, comms and data.
- min 7 years' experience in buildings design and construction with a reputed firm of consulting engineers.
- excellent knowledge of the Middle East (ME) region and specific knowledge of the various authority submissions processes such as DEWA, ADDC and Karamaah.
- excellent awareness of other building services disciplines such as Mechanical, PH and Fire engineering as well as architectural and structural engineering services and should be familiar with ACAD drawing production and ideally REVIT 3D modeling concepts.
- aware of LEED and Estidama processes relevant to electrical services load efficiencies.
- willingness to be flexible and develop skills in various engineering sectors
- comfortable and capable in a client facing position and able to communicate well in design team meetings and presentations.
- good communicator at all business levels along with excellent written English skills and report writing ability
- good technical presentation skills for Concept and Schematic stage technical presentations
- commercially aware with the ability to undertake some business development and bidding work.
- experience of leading a team of electrical engineers and managing project design deliver.
- capable of managing and leading teams both in the region and in India.
- be familiar with MS suite of software, particularly Word and Excel packages, as well as standard electrical industry design software packages such as Amtech, Hevacomp, Dialux.