* Performing root cause analysis on customer issues with the goal of enabling both peers and the customer to grow their knowledge of the product.
* Educating customers on specific product functionality required to resolve their issues.
* Writing and presenting internal\informal courses on troubleshooting areas of product functionality.
* Timely communication with customers concerning status of open support issues.
* Troubleshooting issues related to 3rd party software applications.
* Duties may also include working in conjunction with other team members on special teams or projects assigned to the Technical Support team such as customer migrations, product testing, implementations, and follow-up training of customers and newer support team members.
What you need to succeed:
* 7-10 years of experience in a software support environment supporting complex, multi- tiered enterprise software applications and Application Maintenance.
* Experience with one or more database platforms (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL)
* Experience with web services APIs, database connectors, SOAP.
* Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
* Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities.
* Proven in depth of knowledge of complex, database-centric, internet-based systems.
* Ability to multi-task and work through problems independently.
* Excellent Communications skills (written & verbal).
* 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
Additional skills expected
* Highly Organized.
* Curious and interested in learning new technologies.
* Strong multiple priority management skills.
* Demonstrates awareness and commitment to customer satisfaction.
* Worked in a role recently (within the past 5 yrs) as a technical support person that was working with business\enterprise customers for Application Maintenance.
* Has held a role that required at least 20% of their time to be spent troubleshooting with
SQL and relational databases.
* Has > 2 yrs experience reading and troubleshooting XML, HTML