Overall experience preferably in Financial Service industry, with hands on experience in - Statistical Modelling / Data Mining techniques such as Clustering, Logistical Regression, Decision Trees, etc.
Should be able to run analytics applications such as SAS, R
Data mining experience is in area of customer value management / marketing and has worked on designing cross-sell campaigns
Interpretation of results and segment analysis
Preferable if experience also in analyzing and interpreting market survey results
The Marketing Analytics function is based in India and supports clients Sales and Marketing teams across the globe. The key objectives of the function are:
1. To develop deep customer insights for our businesses helping them segment and target customers more effectively
2. To develop a fact based understanding of sales trends and identify actionable sales growth opportunities for each of our sales channels
3. To understand customer preferences in terms of products, service attributes and marketing activity to help refine each of these
4. To help develop new services lines e.g. develop customer analytics for key IFAs, DC Clients, etc.
5. To develop market and competitive intelligence in our key markets to help shape our business planning in those markets.
The function works directly with business heads and other sales and marketing stakeholders to identify areas of analytics, define problem statements and develop key insights.
Purpose of your role and your key accountabilities
You will be expected to play a role in developing the marketing analytics capabilities for our European businesses. This will involve:
1. Working with specialists to deliver statistical analysis required to solve business problems
2. Designing solutions and developing insights through analytics
3. Engaging with sales and marketing colleagues to review, challenge and refine the results to achieve actionable output
Specifically responsibilities will include:
Developing and delivering solutions
Works independently and in teams on complex statistical analysis such as response modelling, segmentation, marketing optimization, campaign analysis, and strategic analysis
Works on structuring data from multiple sources, cleaning and preparing for analysis
Works with tech groups to identify and resolve any data, environment, or implementation issues
Developing/evaluating tools and techniques
Evaluates/develops, tools and techniques such as. modelling software, modelling methodologies, data and system requirements, scoring process, optimization environment
Build networks and relationships with stakeholders
Proactively growing network and business through increased involvement
o Excellent problem solving skills
o Good stake-holder management skills needed
o Ability to communicate effectively and to work with people at all levels within and outside the Company
o High degree of comfort in working with ambiguity
o Excellent analytical skills and a strong sense for structure and logic
o Ability to develop, test and validate hypotheses
o Competent at analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
o Consistently reliable, methodical, adaptable, resourceful, enthusiastic, dedicated, self-motivated and commercially minded
o Focussed on providing high level customer service
o Proactive, willing to use initiative
o Flexible and adaptable, responds rapidly to changing agendas
o Ability to use good judgement in the use of confidential information
o Clear open communication with a willingness to listen