1. Strategic Sales Planning
* Implement the business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Maintains sales volume, specie mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends and competition.
* Gather and provide to the senior management timely and accurate competition pricing and marketing plans.
* Qualify potential new customers in order to secure more reliable and profitable customer base.
* Monitor macro trends in market and customer base and suggest to the management plans to react.
* Monitor customer performance to ensure maintenance and expansion of their sales capacities and provide timely feedback to the top management in case of anomalies.
* Develop and deliver sales and inventory reports and required documentations.
* Maintain accurate records for all sales, pricing and activity reports submitted by the sales team on a daily basis.
2. Operational Management:
* Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in selling and storing.
* Supervise and monitor the sales team to achieve their sales targets and adherence to company policies and procedures.
* Resolve customer grievances if any.
* Review sales order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
* Forecast requirements and plan requisitions for stock orders to ensure 0 stock outs.
* Manage on a day-to-day basis all sales related activities and staff.
* Manage sales team staffing including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
* Monitor stock handling to ensure food safety compliance.Review quality of fish from time to time and bring to notice of the management any quality deviations.
* Manage visiting local authorities such as Lasepa, Health & Food safety department, etc.
Qualification: MBA/ PGDM
* 5-10 years of sales experience in Frozen Fish trading industry is a must.
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics specific to Nigeria is desirable.
* Extensive experience in all aspects of customer relationship management.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
* Understanding of food safety, quality and compliance
* Resourceful and well organised
* Ability to motivate and supervise a sales team while demonstrating high level of integrity
* Result driven, managing profitability and planning sales.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multicultural environment.