The main function of this position will be to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction as it pertains to the 3PL product. This is a "hands-on" position that will require a working knowledge of all aspects of the 3PL product. The Logistics VAS Specialist will report directly to the Logistics Manager and Product Management. Plans, organizes and monitors the Value Added Services (VAS) functions within the warehouse to ensure that the customer request is fulfilled safely, accurately and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Establish procedures and staffing level to accomplish the Value Added Services (VAS) mission in a safe, effective and efficient manner adhering to the company and customer specific policies and regulations.
* Leverages the WMS to drive warehouse processes where possible and continuously looks for opportunities to further improve this.
* Coordinates with the Shipping, Receiving, and the Inventory Control Sponsors to provide a safe, compliant, efficient and productive workflow.
* Plans and coordinates work for VAS Associates including training, motivating, monitoring and evaluating performance; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment; counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
* Develops personnel to function effectively without constant supervision.
* Maintains equipment and consumables required to perform the daily functions of VAS.
* Monitors and maintains daily status reports for each VAS project.
* Project Management
* Estimates effort for VAS projects.
* Ensures inventory is accurately reported in and out of VAS project area.
* Resolves discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and shipping and receiving reports.
* Monitors the process flow to ensure efficient and timely updates to the systems.
* Understands all the processes in the warehouse life cycle of a unit of inventory (Receiving, Storage, Picking, and Shipping).
* Acts as a point of contact for customer service.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* 3-5 years of experience in Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, or Inventory Control in a distribution environment with two years in a leadership role.
* Strong knowledge of Inventory Control, Warehouse, and Material Handling operations, methods, and practices.
* Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
* Knowledge and previous use and/or configuration of any leading WMS a plus.
* Must possess the ability to effectively and clearly communicate orally and in writing.
* Demonstrates a positive "can do" attitude that motivates others.
Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
* Must poses skills and professional standards to manage, inspire, train and motivate the Team
* Should demonstrate interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, other managers, supervisors and associates
* Strong relationship negotiation skills
* Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills, including; writing, editing, and presentation
* Proactive and excellent prioritization skills
* Detail oriented
* Strong Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry
* Proactive approach to solving problems
* Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
* Ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a positive attitude
* Implement and maintain a standard in which the Team will support and respect implemented Receiving Control Guidelines
* Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Comfortable using metrics to manage team and drive improvements
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is preferred.