The Information Management and Analytics group at Our client s Research is seeking applications for Researcher and fixed-term Postdoc positions from fresh and experienced researchers with a PhD in Computer Science from a reputed institution in the areas of database systems, information retrieval, distributed computing, information integration, business intelligence, data/text mining, and big data platforms. The candidate should have research orientation and a proven track record in identifying and solving research challenges specific to the area of research. The candidate should also have a strong record of publications in leading conferences and journals.
Our current areas of interest include:
* Managing uncertain data at scale, including issues relating to data quality and analytics over uncertain enterprise, web, sensor and human-generated data
* Data fusion, ETL, information integration, entity resolution, and analytics over structured and unstructured multimodal data
* Systems, frameworks, and techniques for scalable information extraction, indexing, and search over massive volumes of unstructured and semi-structured data, including machine generated and log data.
* All aspects of big data including discovery, curation, governance and analytics leveraging scale-out platforms such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases
* Advanced business intelligence, data mining and predictive analytics for various domains such as marketing, banking, etc
* Spatio-temporal and geo-spatial data analysis
* Graph Analytics at scale on platforms like TinkerPop and Titan. Integration of Graphs with structured (RDBMS) or unstructured text documents
* Data privacy and security in the context of cloud based data services
* Core database technologies
Candidates are expected to generate novel ideas as well as invent or design complex products and processes; engineer these ideas to an advanced state of feasibility by evaluating them and participating in their implementation; connect to other business units and customers to identify and understand business problems and pain points