Purpose of the Role
To manage the entire quality functions of Frequency control products division.
Outcome Required / Strategic Priorities
Zero customer returns
Near 100% yields
Development of a strong technical team
Competence development of subordinates
Customer Satisfaction / Delight
Interaction with Customers on quality related topics
Main Responsibilities / Critical tasks
1. Maintaining required quality control systems to achieve the set targets
2. Maintaining and continuously improving the yield of all crystal and oscillator products.
3. Implementing Zero defect programs and ensuring Zero customer returns
4. Responsible for incoming, in process and final goods inspection and maintaining necessary records.
5. Conducting the required process control checks and patrol inspection.
6. Evaluating costumer rejections and identifying root cause of problems. Initiating necessary corrective and preventive actions to achieve zero costumer complaints
7. Responsible for ensuring that the equipments and test systems are calibrated and maintained
8. Supplier audits, supplier evaluation and active participation in vendor development activities. Interacting with suppliers for improving quality of materials.
9. Maintaining all relevant documents and information as required by ISO 9001 & ISO 14000 & ISO 18001 quality systems.
10. Conducting internal quality audits & process audits as and when necessary and participating in Customer audits.
11. Manpower planning, selection and training as per requirement.
12. Maintaining systems as per ISO9000 & ISO14000 quality standards.
13. Qualifying new supplies & new products.
14. Conducting Failure analysis wherever necessary.
Organizational / Management / Leadership Role
Reports to General Manager operations
Materials, Quality, maintenance
Design, Marketing, production, process
Basic Qualification and Experience
Degree in Electronics Engineering with minimum 15 -22 Years years of experience in a reputed electronics industry in the area of quality assurance.
Should have a wider industry experience covering electronics components, mechanical packages PCB, PCB assembly, electronics component testing etc.
Experience and capability in dealing with overseas customers on quality related topics and in convincing and giving confidence to customers and in building a positive relationship.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE
Good technical knowledge
Working knowledge of ERP system
Knowledge of Kaizen, Lean manufacturing / Six sigma implementation
Good knowledge on statistical tools, statistical process controls methods etc.
Knowledge on IPC610 & IPC600 standards.
Knowledge on MIL standards..
In-depth knowledge on FMEA & Control plans
Quality / departmental Improvements / SGAs
Customer returns ppm.
Experience in managing the entire quality functions of Frequency control products division from EMS Industry with 13 to 22 years of Experience and willing to relocate to Bangalore can apply for this job.