1. Material Planning based on the sales forecast & BOM
2. Managing Inventory by monitoring the inventory at all plant locations and ensuring uninterrupted supply of material.
3. Review of Direct Material status on a weekly basis from all the plants as well as company owned co-packers and alert on any surprises or variations
4. Centralized negotiation for rates for purchase of direct materials assigned
5. Exploring various possibilities on cost saving potentials and new initiatives :
Eg : Negotiation across suppliers for direct material, value engineering
6. Ensuring the integrity of the Direct Material procured as per agreed standards
7. Periodic review of the market rates across the country for any variations
8. Meeting vendors and developing new and better vendors with the best possible rates, while retaining the vendors that have already been developed.
9. Streamlining SAP and ensuring its smooth functioning