* Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
* Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks.. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
* Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle. Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues. Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, escalates with possible solutions).
* Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
* Obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other business partner stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
* Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
* Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success.
* Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
* Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
* Manages change and implementation within the business to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realisation
* Manages project closure and handover to the business.
* Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/resources
* Develops the plan in line with GCD Project Management Framrwork.
* Communicates the plan to stakeholders
* Develops and/or reviews estimates and estimating assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and cost using established Global Change Delivery estimating models, best practices, and past experience
* Mobilises the project team and allocates tasks and roles
* Provides timely reports on project status, risks and issues, evaluating project performance based on management information
* Manages and reports on the project budget, acting on any variance
* Manages and reports project risks, issues and dependencies
* Drives a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
* Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
* Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
* Ensures project team follow quality assurance processes, Global Change Delivery frameworks and methodologies to ensure the common high performance approach across Global Change Delivery
* Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied consistently, including:
* Engaging the project sponsor and stakeholders effectively
* Creation and running of effective Steering Committee, who make focused decisions, based upon accurate and timely status, performance reports. Using the committee as the first point of escalation.
* Seeks project quality assurance, acting on recommendations.
* Use Management Services team for standardised project metrics and reporting driven out of Clarity. Management by exception of budget and schedule variance. Ensuing accurate and responsible status reporting. Escalating, co-ordinating any mitigants or remedial action.
* Plans and executes regular tollgates in line with BTF
Capability and People Development
* Identifies and shares the resource requirements of the project, to the Programme Manager and/or Head of Resource Practice requesting the appropriate skill set and/or experience
* Ensuring good project induction and orientation -- i.e. the team understand the project context and content, the importance of stakeholder management and wider programme goals
* Defines high level responsibilities and objectives for members of their project team and ensure the individuals are being used in accordance with their skills and resource request
* Provides regular constructive feedback and coaching to individuals to improve their performance and support their development and career progression. Hold 1:1 discussions at least once every fortnight.
* Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of our teams
* Maintains a strong focus on people development and ensures project resources receive any necessary training and support, particularly on the GCD Business Transformation Frameworks.
* Outside of the project context, the Project Manager may have functional/line responsibility for a pool of Project Managers, typically this will involve, performance management, resource management and professional development, by setting and agreeing objectives and coaching as and when required
* Working with or as a team leader drives a performance management based culture to improve and drive efficiencies and delivery including the effective management of underperformers
* Rolling resources off the project team in a planned and responsible manner, completing performance feedback and helping resources move onto their next project
* Promotes the Group's Values and strategy by creating a positive work environment and promoting teamwork to drive engagement
* Management and control of projects to meet exacting timescales necessary in a competitive market place
* Defining the approach and dealing with complex requirements and unique projects -- often one off initiatives
* Achieving benefits (cost reduction, revenue increase, strategic goals) set out in the business case
* Management of stakeholders
* Working with multiple delivery and business partner teams
* Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
* Excellent understanding of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
* Understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
* Understanding of banking and understanding of how change drives benefits for the company, its customers and other stakeholders
* Project management skills and experience
* People manager and broad experience in managing teams of different work streams
* Examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes -- a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
* In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
* Stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
* Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
* Planning and Plan Management
* Risk and Issues Management
* Global Mindset
* Decision Making
* Lead Self and Others
* Business Case and Benefits Realisation
* Change and Implementation Management
* Financial and Budget Management
* Tracking, Reporting and Governance
* Stakeholder Management
* Resource and Team Management
* Delivery at Pace
* Achieving excellence
Qualifications and Accreditations
* PMP certification or training
* Prince2 - Optional
* Any relevant local banking qualifications such as ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers) - Optional