This post is working as a member of the project management/strategic consultancy team in our Cambridge office either as the lead client contact or in support of a team leader providing an agreed service to a customer. This position involves an external facing technical advisor/project manager role with business development responsibilities.
This role requires someone who is capable of not only leading a technical advisor team and acting as the key client interface, but is able to undertake project management roles on behalf of project sponsors and clients.
The candidate will also be expected to have sufficient practical engineering/management knowledge to perform higher value consulting roles. This knowledge may have been gained working in a client, consultancy or contractor organisation, in construction related fields such as architecture, structural, civil or building services engineering, project management or quantity surveying.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Significant client side project management experience in a construction sector.
- Have experience of working on schemes through all stages of the bid process to financial close and into the construction and operational phases.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working on frameworks or similar public authority environment.
- Experience working independently in a technical role (buildings or similar)
- Experience of developing internal and external relationships
- Evidence of good time management and monitoring progress
- Evidence of resource and skill identification and assessment
- Evidence of delivering projects within a quality and environmental management system
- Ability to lead teams and mentor junior staff.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Ability to prepare and present proposals to existing and new clients
- Knowledge of project programming and scheduling software (e.g. MS Project).
- chartered or seeking to become chartered in a construction related discipline