1. Scope of Responsibilities
Lead a team consisting of engineers and designers in carrying out basic /detailed engineering work for projects assuming responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for costing/procurement in compliance with tender specifications/guidelines, quality requirements and work within budgeted man-hours and project schedules.
2. Primary Duties
* Review contract documents and identify requirements and scope of work for project execution. Review material selection reports, specifications, drawings and other documents. Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to Projects/Client.
* Lead in the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) for material selection activities, for all metallurgy deliverables.
* Identify the scope of work requirements, budgeted man hours, total number of deliverables, format of delivery, time schedules and other specifications for execution of the work. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall project costs, ensuring technical and safety compliance.
* Supervise the verification of material design integrity. Use corrosion calculation software such as ECE-IV and codes/standards such as NACE MR 0175/ISO 15156 to ensure project metallurgical specification details in the FEED Packages is feasible. Interpret and evaluate reports from corrosion calculations engineering software. Evaluate and compare the materials FEED package documents using process flow diagrams, process design basis, heat-and-mass balance and scope of supply. Identify discrepancies and inconsistencies take corrective action where required.
* Apportion of work among engineering staff according to specialization. Monitor the preparation of material selection diagrams, material selection report, corrosion management manual and specifications for compatibility between piping material specification and equipment lists using contract documents and international codes.
* Monitor the review of interdepartmental documents like process data sheets, mechanical data sheet, piping material specification and provide input to the various downstream engineering disciplines for document preparation to vendors for Bid invitations.
* Monitor and control project man-hour requirements during project execution, identify variations between contract and proposal. Take corrective action as necessary. Create manpower charts for task assignments, establish target completion dates and ensure target dates are achieved. Maintain project schedules and ensure allotted man-hours, deadlines and cost requirements are strictly adhered to. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall costs.
* Monitor productivity of engineers and quality of work produced.
* Coordinate on technical issues with other Engineering Disciplines as required. Provide the necessary inputs/data to other disciplines as per the requirements and procedures.
* Obtain the required inputs from other engineering disciplines e.g. process flow diagrams, process design basis, heat-and-mass balance, P&ID's, piping material specifications and other necessary data.
* Provide guidance for performing corrosion calculations and interpretation of metallurgical codes and standards with its imprecision on detail design. Resolve design irregularities and coordinate on technical issues as required.
* Organize the preparation and issue of engineering drawings and technical documents for Interdisciplinary Design Checks (IDC's). Review and integrate comments and inputs of other engineering discipline into the relevant documents.
* Supervise in technical bid evaluations. Review vendor drawings and documents. Ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and within budgeted costs.
* Coordinate with Procurement department to ensure cost effective recommendations.
* Provide necessary assistance to Quality Department.
* Meet with vendor representatives, inspect at vendor works and workshops and provide assistance to Quality Department as required.
* Interface with Client representatives as required for resolving any technical issues.
* Conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man-hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with Projects and Planning Departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software.
* Participate in safety and design review meetings e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model, along with Client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
* Monitor the preparation of all necessary documents up to the final IFC (Issued for Construction) stage, e.g. material selection diagrams, material selection report, corrosion management manual, material specifications and other relevant drawings and specifications
* Interface and provide clarifications, guidance and technical support to Construction and
* Commissioning teams as required.
* Administer the preparation of the final "As Built" documents.
* Ensure compliance with Company's ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the discipline.
* Participate in employee performance evaluations, establish performance criteria, identify employee strengths and weaknesses, and recommend training and development requirements.
* Identify training/development needs for team and participate in establishing career path.
* Perform related duties as and when directed by the direct supervisor.
3. Job/Cost Impact
Lead the activities in converting the project from concept to detailed design within Project. Budget requirements. Serves as the tie-in in the department team for inter-discipline engineering concerned with the project. Accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project within allotted schedule, manpower and costs.
4. Decision Making Authority
Will make decisions on layout, design and equipment specifications limited to the scope of contract requirements and specifications. Consults with supervisor on main issues effecting layout and equipment specifications. May make recommendations on mobilization/demobilization of personnel
5. Supervisory Responsibility
Supervise a team of Engineers and Designers.
Candidate Profile: Metallurgical Engineers (currently in India or overseas) with 10-20 years related oil & gas/petrochemical experience preferably with EPC/consultancy organizations