As a Sr. Manager, Software Dev, you will have technical ownership of critical parts of Transportation technology. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of managers, engineers, and TPMs to create innovative ways to streamline customer delivery and minimize variable cost per unit.
- Responsibilities include managing an organization highly performing managers and engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams.
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You will run - Agile- development teams, and will support multiple stakeholders across client and externally.
- You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, development of engineering talent, and the ongoing operation and improvement of what is already a stable and high performing platform.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving the toughest software challenges; you- ll be excited by working at huge scale, and you'll have a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software projects on time.
- You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and you- ll be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better.
- You'll be intensely customer focused: you understand your customers- challenges and are constantly looking for ways to solve them. You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of business and technology teams, set the vision and strategy for the product area.
- Be responsible for setting the technological vision for developing our systems to serve not just client's needs, but to build out our software as a product, which may be sold to external clients
- Build and manage great software engineers that are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our transportation network
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish group-wide metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement, you will need to be comfortable working in a "deep dive" environment
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes across multiple development teams to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing Senior Engineers
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership
- Raise the bar on technical excellent, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science and Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience (managing manager's and engineers)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant development and design experience
- Experience with high scalability requirements
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize
- Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout client
- Experience managing teams that design and support large-scale distributed systems in a 24x7 production environment
- Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence
- Proven experience in innovative business practices that have been game changing for business evolution
- Experience building strategy and executing it with speed and continuous improvement in areas of negotiations, contracts, sub-rights, schedules, in house database management and content acquisition.