Deliver on product and engineering roadmap in budget and on time. Plan, track and execute simultaneous projects of varying complexities. - Responsible for key technical and product decisions. Provide technical direction and mentorship to the team, as well as hands-on project management. - Adopt engineering best practices and champion their adoption in the organization. Ensure high quality engineering processes are followed (agile scrum, continuous integration, code reviews, architectural reviews, solid documentation).
- Collaborate with product management and business team to elicit & understand their requirements & challenges and develop potential solutions. - Attract, recruit and retain top talent. Motivate team members and grow them in the organization. Define career goals and do performance evaluation for the team.
- Stay current with latest tools, technology ideas and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers. - Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position. - Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for engineering.
- 10+ years of strong experience in full-stack software product development, with at least 3+ years in engineering leadership position.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes
- Experience in developing highly scalable, Analytics and SaaS products.
- Experience in Java, Web Services, RDBMS, NOSQL and Big Data technologies.
- Must be hands-on to dive into any level of technical details and write code if required.
- Strong project management & execution skills across teams located in different geographies.
- Excellent people manager. Strong in building relationships and collaborate with other.
- Demonstrated ability of attracting, recruiting and leading high quality technology team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving and change management skills - Positive, self-motivated and quick learner.
- Ability to deliver quickly in fast paced start-up environment.
- Knowledge of AWS would be plus. - Prior Start-up experience would be plus.