As a Program Manager you will be responsible for various leadership and project management duties on highway and/or roadway projects. Phases of projects for which management will be required include feasibility analyses; conceptual, preliminary and detailed design; cost estimating; construction and contract management. More specifically, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and working with technical and management groups in the delivery of a range of transportation projects, including Express Lane project development activities.
- Developing and presenting deliverables to client for status, updates, reporting to a political board and sub-committees.
- Managing project managers to keep projects on budget and schedule and within agreed upon scope.
- Participating with senior leaders in the establishment of short and long term plans for the transportation program.
- Through your project efforts and involvement in industry activities, developing and maintaining client relations.
- Actively participating in and supporting internal and external development and training activities.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience on design, project/program management, construction administration, and project coordination.
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in California
- Candidate to be technically capable in highway design development, familiar with Caltrans project development procedures/processes, with experience in development of managed lanes - and specifically Express Lanes.
- Demonstrated interest in the development and maintenance of client relations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, and working as a team player is very important for this role.
- Desire to work with multiple agencies to develop projects in a collaborative fashion.