Candidate Profile :
Engineer/B Tech or, Post Graduate in Science or MBA/CA
Cost effective Sourcing of specialty chemicals such as SLES, silicons, triclosans, lanolin, emulsifiers, thickners, sorbitol, fragrances, colours etc for personal care products.
- Responsible for sourcing of specialty chemicals for the personal care products business on a timely basis and as per planned requirements.
- Vendor Management including contracting, driving to adherence to performance metrics in cost reduction, rationalization, lead time, quality compliance.
- Responsible for resolution of all issues related to quality, specifications, revalidations, damages/losses, etc.
- Track relevant markets for gathering information on supply and demand of chemicals & underlying commodities and leverage the same in buying decisions.
- Ensure close monitoring of vendor performance to encourage a continuous improvement culture.
- Take the lead in identifying new, more reliable and / or lower cost resources of supply.
- Assist in-house product development teams to identify product innovation possibilities by sharing market intelligence.
- Efficient management of inventories including tracking of non-moving and co-ordinating with other parts of the business to ensure optimal utilization.
- Comply with laid down systems and processes and set-up new systems & fine tune existing one to meet requirements of the business.
- Function as a team player to implement end-to-end solutions across the supply chain, including interactions with the demand planning, manufacturing, logistics, R&D and vendors & other external agencies.
- Maintain updated information records and price masters in SAP at all times.
- Generation of appropriate MIS and analytics on a regular basis to support performance management systems.