* Manage tactical and strategic sourcing and procurement of goods and services for the NA region.
* Drive implementation of global procurement/supply strategies.
* Develop and implement local and/or regional sourcing strategies and initiatives consistent with respective global strategies.
* Develop and maintain supply market knowledge for assigned category/categories using supplier visits, Internet research, trade journals, personal interviews or other research techniques.
* Implement appropriate supplier management processes to drive selected suppliers within assigned categories towards world class performance. Serve as focal point for the supplier relationship and ensure appropriate engagement of business partners.
* Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams to enable strategic sourcing and supply management for assigned categories.
* Conduct tender (request for quote, request for proposal, etc.) processes to achieve strategic sourcing.
* Working within policy guidelines, negotiate, draft and review supply contracts for goods and services within assigned categories.
* Working with global category managers and other Procurement management, develop, track and report on appropriate category performance metrics to capture performance results and provide input to corporate budgeting process.
* BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering
* 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
* Strong Analytic experience
* Working knowledge of six sigma tools,lean manufacturing a plus.
* Some experience in International sourcing experience a plus.
* Some experience in supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus.
* Must be a strategic thinker and have demonstrated experience driving strategies
* Experience running or supporting large complex cross functional projects