- Commercial/Contractual Management for a 220m infrastructure upgrade project for a Key Client in the Water Sector.
- Contract Administration
- Monthly reporting of VOWD, Earned Value and cash position to the area Commercial Manager and the clients Delivery Manager.
- Budget forecasting.
- Management of change control on behalf of the Client.
- Variation negotiation with main contractor on site.
- Subcontract procurement approval.
- Subcontract final account approval.
- Estimating/pricing of new/ additional scope.
- Report writing for change/governance.
- Certification of applications for payment.
- Management of key stake holders.
- Management of on site commercial team.
- All other post contract commercial requirements as necessary.
Other key responsibilities may include:
- Key project and business communication
- To achieve the profitability on projects; minimising Days Capital Employed and optimising Return on Capital Employed
- Working within Group and Unit directives and Corporate Governance and delegated authorities
- Maintaining the project based Quality, Environmental and Safety documentation
- Delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted stage of work
- Managing team development through the PDR system
- Personal development monitored through the PDR system
- Acting as coach or mentor to others
Candidates should, as a minimum, have a BSc Quantity Surveying degree and ideally should be a qualified member of the RICS (or similar)
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
- Technically and commercially aware able to deliver on all post contract service delivery and to solve problems.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Effective time management - efficient and adding value to projects.
- Customer focus - ability to engage in sound relationships with the customer project team.
Candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- A knowledge and expertise in the water/waste water industry sector.
- Monitor that technical solutions meet with technical standards, legal obligations and client requirements
- Uses a systematic approach to critically examine the situation from different perspective.
- Gather relevant information from different sources in reaching a decision.
- Generate and weigh the different options in arriving at decisions.
- Weigh the risks and consequences of all options.
- Make well reasoned, sound and timely decisions based on the needs of the situation, the clients and the team members.
- Involve and consult those affected by the decision.
- Maintain and build on existing client relationships to anticipate needs.
- Actively seek and promote client feedback to supervise projects and develop new business opportunities.
- Take appropriate actions to meet client requirements.
- Make accurate assessment in evaluating client needs and requirements.
- Keep abreast of developments within existing client portfolio.
- Influences, supports and encourages team members to produce creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Balance conflicting demands to ensure time is available for both people and business management.
- Encourages growth and development through delegation of responsibilities to team members.
- Coaches team members to manage time more effectively.