The successful candidate will report to Location Manager and be based in our Banaglore office.
In this role you will:
- be responsible for planning and design of all building services elements of the particular discipline.
- be responsible for concept design based on evaluation of various options in coordination with architectural, structural input and in accordance with initial load estimates.
- do design calculations and quantity estimation.
- ensure all design work is carried out in accordance with Company's quality standard procedures
- ensure checking of all design output and seamless coordination between other sections/disciplines.
- lead design team for completing deliverables within time limits
- effective task management through performance management of design engineers and CAD Technicians.
- ensure accountability and delivery as also profitability by monitoring design cost
- actively share knowledge and experience with other staff in the section and organization particularly to help coach and develop more junior staff.
Candidate should :
- be B.E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- have 15 plus years' of experience in HVAC
design, in roles of increasing responsibility and project complexity.
- have experience in high rise buildings/shopping malls/hotels/metro projects etc.,
- be proficient in HVAC software like HAP, HEVACOMP, etc., for calculating space cooling and heating loads, ducting and piping design, equipment selection,ventilation systems,smoke extraction system,car park/kitchen ventilation system, stairwall pressurization etc.,
- be well versed in reviewing and checking of drawings and calculations.
- have experience preparation of reports such as design basis, concept, schematic etc., and technical specifications.
- have good awareness and knowledge in developing BOQ
- have familiarity with local authority codes and regulations such as of local Municipality, Civil Defence, Environmental Authority ect., of countries in which the candidate has job experience.
-have good knowledge of relevant international codes and regulations such as ASHRAE/CIBSE/BS/BSEN/BSRIA etc.,
- have knowledge in sustainable, green building design practices and rating guidelines.
- be able to handle design independently and lead a team of Engineers and technicians/modellers and do time and resource management.
- have good oral and written communication skills and liaise with clients directly
- Mott MacDonald is a leader in the adoption of BIM and therefore the use of Revit/AECOism would be highly regarded.