As principal design engineer the individual shall primarily be responsible for -
- Supervising engineering efforts on multiple projects and coordinating with lead engineers to define the workshare scope, budgets & schedules.
- Establishing work processes with leads to ensure compliance with Quality requirements.
- Participating, as required, in project schedule review meetings.
- Helping Leads in establishing other discipline interface requirements and generate need list to support the control level schedules.
- Reviewing work plans with leads to meet progress targets and schedule requirements. Tracking progress of specific activities and to monitor team productivity using these plans.
- Keeping the task force informed on the project developments / decisions affecting their work areas and to share discussions with prime office/ Client.
- Ensuring proper change management system implementation in terms of effort hours, Schedule and material impacts
- Performing peer reviews & QCC checks, participating in gate reviews and prime office/ Client comments on deliverables and implementing remedial measures as necessary. In addition the individual should possess functional/ technical experience in -
- Design and engineering of Process Units in compliance with international as well as local codes and standards, project specifications & general specifications prevalent in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemicals & other associated industries.
- Preparation/review of process equipment datasheets, process flow diagrams (PFD), piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), carrying out licensor bid evaluations, review of vendor documents and other process engineering activities for DFR (Detailed Feasibility Report), FEED and EPC projects.
- Project planning and scheduling activities, efforts-hours estimation, documents checking & auditing.
- Proposal development for various project types - DFR, FEED, EPCM, etc
Basic Job Requirements :
Engineering graduate with a minimum of 20 years relevant experience in a Consulting / Engineering (EPC environment) pertaining to Hydrocarbon / Petro-chemical / Oil & Gas sectors.
Other Job Requirements :
- Good knowledge of major industry Codes and Standards (e.g., API, ASME, TEMA, IS, IBR, etc.) Software skills for systems design and calculations. (PRO II, HYSYS, Aspen Plus, Flarenet, FATHOM, etc.) - Strong communication, interpersonal, mentoring and team management skills. Have working knowledge of project planning and scheduling activities, client interactions
Preferred Qualifications :
Engineering Degree from a reputed college/ university