Job Description :
- As a principal design engineer the individual shall primarily be responsible for - Supervising engineering efforts on multiple projects and coordinating with lead engineers to define workshare scope, budgets & schedules.
- Establishing work processes with leads to ensure compliance with Quality requirements.
- Participating, as required, in project schedule review meetings. - Helping Leads in establishing other discipline interface requirements and generate need list to support the control level schedules.
- Reviewing work plans with leads to meet progress targets and schedule requirements. Tracking progress of specific activities and to monitor team productivity using these plans.
- Keeping the task force informed on the project developments / decisions affecting their work areas and to share discussions with prime office/ Client.
- Ensuring proper change management system implementation in terms of effort hours, Schedule and material impacts
- Performing peer reviews & QCC checks, participating in gate reviews and prime office/ Client comments on deliverables and implementing remedial measures as necessary. In addition the individual should possess functional/ technical experience in - Piping stress analysis in a Consulting / Engineering environment pertaining to Hydrocarbon / Petro-chemical / Oil & Gas sectors. - Piping layout, dynamic analysis, design/selection of Supports, Hanger/strut selection etc. Planning/Forecasting/Scheduling/Progressing, Interaction/communication with all stakeholders
Engineering graduate with a minimum of 20 years relevant experience in a Consulting / Engineering (EPC environment) pertaining to Hydrocarbon / Petro-chemical / Oil & Gas sectors.
Other Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of high temp/pressure, slug flow, flare systems. - In-depth knowledge in stress analysis and associated software i.e. Caesar II, Autopipe etc.
- Managing/guiding/coaching a team of stress engineers
- Engineering Degree from a reputed college/ university