* Participates as a member of team of other research/advance development engineers carrying out the investigation, design and implementation of research/advance development projects to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
* Creates portions of research/advance development plans, investigative procedures, and collection and analysis guidelines for assigned investigation; collaborates with internal and external partners to perform experiments and validations in accordance with overall research/advance development plan.
* Prepares literature and presentations for peer review, publication, and delivery at industry and scientific events and conferences; creates patent applications and supporting documentation.
* As a performance engineer, perform deep analysis of the system performance for varying workloads and scale. Identify the bottlenecks and suggest remedies.
* Bring performance engineering into design to define a massively scalable, high performing, distributed system.
* Analyze and compare the performance of the variety of own and competitive solution.
* Should have deep understanding of the Operating system stack (preferably Linux) and file systems (VxFS, ZFS, XFS, Lustre, GPFS, etc.)
* Past experience of working on server or storage or end to end application performance characterization.
* Past experience of performance measurements in complex SAN, NAS and large datacenter environment.
* Hands on experience with C, C++, Perl, shell scripts, Python, etc.
* Fundamental knowledge of networking, various memory paradigms (SATA, SSD, NVRAM etc.) is desired.
* Big picture understanding, ability to connect work to how market is evolving and contribute into strategy is desired.
* Strong research mindset desired. Any publications, research papers and related work will be an added plus.
* Exposure to open source technologies and open source contributions are added plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.