Reporting To GM - SCM
Role Objective :
The person is responsible for all aspects of packaging development for the packaged food business. The person will be responsible for Creation, innovation & renovation of packaging materials required for products packing within the Budget limits & in line with new technologies
* Assist in developing new or modifying existing packaging material.
* Establishes working knowledge of technologies, and translates that knowledge into commercial launches.
* Drive key packaging supplier relationships on innovation, troubleshooting, and cost opportunities.
* Finds and understands new packaging technologies that may have application to business.
* Gather information on existing & new machine / process & recommend it to business (Competition analysis)
* Collate changes effected in packaging materials & propose suitable action based on observations
* Conduct periodical reviews of packaging materials & processes to reduce packaging material costs & wastages
* Get involved in the process of developing new packaging through innovative processes or by innovative packaging materials
* Prepare plan for periodical audits at factories, vendors, depots & distributors to ensure proper quality checks.
* Provide input in deciding packaging materials for new briefs.
* Check methods / process adopted for getting defect free packaging materials for new launches.
* Monitor compliance of protocols
Job Requirement :
Science or Engineering Graduate
Experience: 6 - 15 Years experience in packaging development with FMCG organization
Functional & Behavioral
* Sound knowledge of different types of packaging materials & its applications
* Proactive, analytical, team player and risk taker * Creative Thinking.
* Planning and organizing.
* Communication Skills.
* Negotiation skills.