Wanted oracle DBA With Experience in Banking Industry
Substantive (7-11 years) experience providing database administration services in the following environments - Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8/7.x Databases on HA configuration using 9i/10g RAC on various hardware like XP 512, EVA and EMC Disk Arrays - require comprehensive knowledge, along with extensive and varied experience in these technical areas:
Expert knowledge in Oracle RDBMS system and strong troubleshooting skills and Problem Resolution.
* Strong systems architectural skills and knowledge in Design and build of Database systems. Develop solutions to meet or exceed requirements. Includes knowledge to perform Remote software installations, upgrades, migrations and apply patches.
* Experience with deployment and deployment management of Databases on HP-Unix, AIX, Solaris and other unices as well as on windows systems.
* Implementing Backup Solutions with native tools as well as RMAN with 3rd Party Backup solutions like Omniback Data protector, Veritas netbackup, etc.
* Knowledge of SAN backup tools like BCV, Snapbackup, Snapclone, etc.
* Hands on expertise on HA environment - RAC, OPFS as well as as sound understanding of OS Clustering - HACMP, MC SG, SGERAC and other high-availability/ fault-tolerance technologies.
* Knowledge of virtualization and system consolidation. Cloud computing knowledge will be a huge plus.
* Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NFS, TCP/IP and networking services.
* Good knowledge of Database security issues and ability to design and implement security measures.
* Experience in disaster recovery solutions and testing.
* Performance tuning, performance management, and capacity planning experience.
* Extensive Knowledge of UNIX, shell/Perl Scripting and kernel Parameters.
* Familiarity with Middle tier - applications servers, web servers, etc.
Strong communications skills and ability to document and present complex designs to a wider audience.
The candidate should be ready to work in all shifts
Education and Experience Required:
8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
* Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings. Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
* Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer's enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
* Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer's Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
* Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
* Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
* Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
* Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of an HP sales campaign. Has demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
* Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
* Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
* Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.