* Oracle Database DBA on HP UX, AIX, Linux & Windows
* Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i RDBMS Database Administration
* ITIL and Oracle Certification is a must.
* Oracle RAC certification will be preferred.
* Knowledge of SQL Server Desired.
* Knowledge of Oracle 9i/10g AS (application Server) desirable.
* Substantive (8-10 years) experience providing database administration services in the following environments - Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8/7.x Databases on HA configuration using 9i/10g RAC on various hardware like XP 512, EVA and EMC Disk Arrays - require comprehensive knowledge, along with extensive and varied experience in these technical areas:
* Expert knowledge in Oracle RDBMS system and strong troubleshooting skills and Problem Resolution.
* Strong systems architectural skills and knowledge in Design and build of Database systems. Develop solutions to meet or exceed requirements. Includes knowledge to perform
* Remote software installations, upgrades, migrations and apply patches.
* Experience with deployment and deployment management of Databases on HP-Unix, AIX, Solaris and other unices as well as on windows systems.
* Implementing Backup Solutions with native tools as well as RMAN with 3rd Party Backup solutions like Omniback Data protector, Veritas netbackup, etc.
* Knowledge of SAN backup tools like BCV, Snapbackup, Snapclone, etc.
* Hands on expertise on HA environment - RAC, OPFS as well as as sound understanding of OS Clustering - HACMP, MC SG, SGERAC and other high-availability/ fault-tolerance technologies.
* Knowledge of virtualization and system consolidation. Cloud computing knowledge will be a huge plus.
* Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NFS, TCP/IP and networking services.
* Good knowledge of Database security issues and ability to design and implement security measures.
* Experience in disaster recovery solutions and testing.
* Performance tuning, performance management, and capacity planning experience.
* Extensive Knowledge of UNIX, shell/Perl Scripting and kernel Parameters.
* Familiarity with Middle tier - applications servers, web servers, etc.
* Strong communications skills and ability to document and present complex designs to a wider audience.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Architect, design and implement complex system configurations at an expert level in demanding customer environments.
* Assess, design, plan, and implement complex infrastructure projects
* Directly interact with cross-functional teams and solution architects to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions.
* Plan and execute technical program including developing, validating, executing, and delegating project technical processes and procedures. Serve as escalation point for technical project issues.
* Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies and approaches to large scale projects.
* Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements.The candidate for this position must demonstrate strong team leadership and focus on results enabling businesses to operate more effectively