- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Establishes and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN environment.
- Complete configuration, installation and support of server hardware in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Provide technical support and documentation for over 450+ Windows physical and virtual
- Support VMWare environment including all aspects of server administration / building hosts and supporting multiple ESXi clusters
- Support x86 Blade and rack mount servers.
- Install, troubleshoot and replace hardware and firmware as necessary
- Work with users to troubleshoot and solve operational issues
- Complete projects and task in a timely fashion
- Maintain Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and all components/services including AD, DNS, NTFS, DHCP, PRINT, SERVICES, FTP, TCP/IP, Citrix and others
- Administer multi-tiered applications architectures (Web Server IIS/Apache/Tomcat) and databases (MS SQL 2000-2012, Oracle 7.x-12G), clustered file servers and high availability applications
- Configure and automate system, application and database backups. Perform restores as needed including offsite recovery
Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge/WAN, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management, Provide investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure. This position will provide the support and maintenance for over 450+ Window servers, including Microsoft software and VMware. Assist with engineering of new applications/infrastructure components to support the business.
Provide tier III support to the PC Techs and Help Desk. System administration for the operating systems in the following environments: Web, File, Print, DNS, DHCP, Antivirus, SCCM , SCOM, Exchange and Active Directory.