1. Directly oversees all other editors, acting as a supervisor, mentor and guide.
2. Provide day-to-day management of Editorial staff and projects
3. Direct department policies and help to coach and develop the Editorial team
4. Primarily, ensuring high standards of quality of all outgoing projects, of various clients
5. Overlooking the entire editorial operations when dealing with very high levels of editing
6. Ability to make crucial decisions that would benefit the team, it may include adjusting deadlines, changing schedules, letting go of non-performers, allocating manpower.
7. Working with Management & Human Resources to assess project needs and accordingly ensuring best fit in terms of editor allocation
8. Plan and monitor the flow of work (based on priorities)
9. Provide classroom/on-the-job training to his/her team members and help the team overcome their weaknesses.
10. Responsible for the team producing error-free output.
11. Conducts regular team meeting to discuss projects, repeat errors, client feedback etc.
12. Be proactive with reference to both internal & external communication
13. Understanding the goals of the department and company overall, advise Editorial staff of developing and promoting content
14. Strive for continuous improvement within the department and the company as a whole