- Responsible for the entire long term strategic procurement, vendor development & sustaining capital procurement activities.
- Provide leadership on sourcing key spend categories, including strategic evolution of company's supply base, vendor assessment and explore innovative sourcing approaches.
- Displays an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Establish strategic procurement plan in line with business strategy
- Implement the project planning and program delivery against this strategy
- Work with both the SCM team and Operations to manage the required change effectively and positively
- Management of key commercial arrangements with strategic vendors
- Manage supply base at a strategic level, monitoring performance, driving continuous improvement and identifying and actively mitigating supplier risks.
- Lead and/or support negotiation of significant purchases &contracts relating to sustaining capital works.
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers.
Qualification & experience:
- MBA with university degree in Engineering/ Commerce/ Business Management (Essential)
- At least 10 years of experience in Contracts/ Procurement/ Materials Management in the mining/ oil & gas/ power/ construction industry (Essential)
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Extensive experience leading in a fast paced Procurement environment
- Track record in delivering a change program representing Procurement
- Strong leadership skills with extensive people management experience
- Analytical abilities to assess the performance of suppliers against criteria such as quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate, financial stability etc.
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of dealing with a supplier, including price and factors such as the costs of delivery, administration, quality control and inventory.