1. Application of scientific and engineering principles in research, development, production technology, quality control, packaging, processing, and utilization of foods: Conducts basic research, and new product research and development of foods.
2. Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control, packaging, and distribution.
3. Studies methods to improve quality of foods, such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods.
4. Develops food standards, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
5. Tests new products in test kitchen and develops specific processing methods in laboratory pilot plant, and confers with process engineers, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems.
6. May specialize in one phase of food technology, such as product development, quality control, or production inspection, technical writing, teaching, or consulting.
7. May specialize in particular branch of food technology, such as food and vegetable processing, dairy products, and be identified according to branch of food technology.
8. Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
9. Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
10. Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
11. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualification and Experience; - The incumbent should hold a Bachelors Degree in Food Technology or Engineering. Preference will be given to Post Graduate Degree in Food Technology / Engg. He should possess in hand experience of around 10-15 years in food processing unit and must have handled the operation of large/medium food processing unit for at least 3-5 years independently..
Areas of expertise: The candidate must be well acquainted with manufacturing process of fruits, Pulp concentrates in bulk aseptic packing