Dangerous cargo coordinator to join the team responsible for Governance and Global Policy for the acceptance of hazardous cargo as well as cargo that requires special stuffing and handling on-board all vessels operated by the Company
Roles & Responsibilities:
You will coordinate and investigate cargo related incidents, assess and amend learning
Points and policies as well as promote cargo awareness and our policies within the team.
As a Dangerous cargo coordinator you will be accountable to for actively building, expanding
and governing the relationship with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including Vessel
Planners, through the fostering of knowledgeable close interaction.
Coordinate with the team in execution of the activities as per SOP and SLA.
Achieve Agreed TAT and SLA's for all the Process within the DG Team.
Establishment and updating of SOP and guidelines as and when required.
* Maintain latest database of reference material based on the feedback from HO.
Trouble-shoot issues pertaining to the process.
Monitor, measure, learn and share learning's and feedback received from customers/HO.
* Liaison with relevant stakeholders relating to the execution of deliverables.
* Communicate with various stake holders and keep them informed on the progress as applicable.
* Keep all the stakeholders well informed on any exceptions i.e. delays in receipt of info, system related issued etc. as agreed with them.
* Monthly meeting with various stakeholders and getting feedback on the team's performance
* Ensure cross-training within the team members.
* Identifying and developing key members in the team and ensure 2nd and 3rd level of backups are created for these key members.
* Initiate Training /Coaching and is eager to share knowledge and help team members/peers to come up the learning curve.
Reporting & Reviews:
* Record & monitor daily work-load of the department and team monitoring.
* Ensure preparation of reports i.e. Weekly, Monthly ,etc. as per requirement.
* Maintain all the data / records for future references.
* Review of SOPs / SLA / Flow Charts and keep them updated with the latest information.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Position Requirement: Must be a Graduate / Post Graduate from a reputed university in Science Stream with Chemistry as main subject. Diploma on IMDG with latest Amendment
Additional Skills Sets / Abilities Desired:
Thorough Knowledge of IMDG, 49 CFR and other regulations.
Knowledge of major and minor shipping Trade lanes.
Excellent written and verbal Communication & generally accepted Email Etiquettes
Additional advantage of Geographical sectors.
Eye to Detail & Always Ready to Accept Challenges with positive and open attitude.
A highly motivated leader with the ability to develop others and to influence at all levels.
Should be able to thrive in a fast and evolving environment, can support a fast and
efficient decision process for queries, is willing to learn new things and be flexible on
handling a number of different tasks.
Working Conditions: The candidate must be willing to work in Shifts (includes Night Shifts). Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine.