He will be a keystone resource in roadmaps and execution of productivity and profitability improvement plans in short and long run. We expect the candidate to overcome operational bottlenecks, revive/ re-engineer processes for optimal process efficiency and simultaneously forge the system and people together for new technological adaptability and imbibing capability. He will also be responsible for deployment, integration and stabilization of product /innovation in production m/c, line or an end product.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Productivity & Profitability Enhancement role (35%):
1. Continuously churn out cost reduction ideas like process improvement in Production line/operations, m/c re-engineering/revamping to reduce TAT and enhance quality and quantity of output, product design changes, better material/substrate usage, vendor management etc.
2. Continuously churn out revenue enhancing strategies from existing product and solutions portfolio by adding members in product line, creating product variant, cosmetic changes in product designs for differentiation and positioning, offering product in a right mix of solutions by strategizing with Strategy and Product marketing team, placing same product in untapped market /segment, modifying features and testing its usability & functionality and positioning it similar or completely different industry vertical.
Projects role (35%)
3. Manage projects once research viability is established to realize the outcome and handover to SBU at BAU or mutually agreed level, do necessary follow-ups to complete projects on time and budget. Plan and prioritize multiple projects based on criticality, deployment and integration challenges and schedule their running for their timely accomplishments against deliverables. Also, track project milestones.
4. Project scoping on the be-spoke projects once the inputs come from SBUs. Chalking out deliverables after feasibility analysis. Once, development team develops the product based on deliverables, planning out deployment, integration and stabilization strategy.
5. Build roadmaps for effective project execution with scenario planning based on market dynamics
6. Collaborate with the Finance, HR, Strategy, Production, SCM, Marketing departments to understand the pulse of the market, availability of internal resources and moreover to have integrated viewpoint for delivery and effective execution of projects
7. Oversee technology transfer activities (DEPLOYMENT & INTEGRATION) from the development group or from vendors to manufacturing.
8. Giving critical inputs back to development group on deployment or integration challenges.
9. Be associated with the development team and production team till stabilization of project.
10. Associate with the development team in the pilot run.
11. Identify criticalities/challenges in the project and implement corrective actions.
12. Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources
Research role (10%):
13. Study Industrys best practices, methodology, technology, equipments implementation, its impact, pros and cons. In addition, shall be responsible to keep updated self of all relevant new technologies, products/processes and material that are being newly introduced.
14. Research on Intellectual property and patenting for packaging and related solutions
15. Do the competitors mapping and analysis
16. Continuously scan the market and related industry trends. Also evaluate our standing vis--vis our competitors.
17. Analyze the internal and external customer expectations
18. Develop ways for brand value propositions.
19. Come out with innovative ideas to continuously maintain the new product pipeline. Doing so, check on the feasibility aspect (how its going to make a business impact).
20. Research on journals, literature, magazines, internet on printing, packaging and related events
21. Communicate and liaison with the internal and external customers and engage with them to know their needs , satisfaction with our products and services and expectations
Developmental support roles (10%):
22. Suggest value re-engineering of existing products to improve quality and reduce cost.
23. Execute design & development projects of new products in coordination with the cross-functional team
24. Look at bridging gaps between product and market needs
25. Oversee development activities for both current and new products to strict commercialization schedules
Team Leading, Managing and development role (10%):
26. Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort (OCTAPACE Culture)
27. Provide the team with a vision of the project objectives
28. Motivate and inspire team members
29. Lead by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with words-INTEGRITY
30. Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behavior
31. Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement
32. Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
33. Set their KRAs and KPIs.
34. Monitor, review team members performance on regular basis, counsel and give necessary feedbacks
35. Show them the career path and understand their individual strengths and weaknesses and address to help realize organizational objectives and their aspirations.
36. Focus on the BIG PICTURE and help team connect their roles & responsibilities with it to script success stories.
1. Credibility in technology, innovation and knowledge exchange networks
2. Heavy focus on incremental innovation than disruptive or radical innovation.
3. Minimum 5-6 years of experience in packaging industry (FMCG/ Pharma sector preferred) with vivid exposure on cross technological platforms employed in packaging related verticals.
4. Degree in Packaging Science/Technology, Plastics or Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. MBA degree an added advantage.
5. Should be involved in extensive market interactions & deriving customer insights
6. Preliminary experience in assessing R&D or functional area issues, recommending, justifying changes through business case development, and implementing business transformations with evidence of:
Significant client impact and value creation
Issue-based problem solving
On time, on budget high quality project delivery
Follow-on project sales and ability to sell work to new clients
7. Understanding of product life cycle management
Behavioral Competencies required:
1. Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team
2. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
3. Excellent leadership and management skills
4. Should have refined communication & presentation skills to support the analytic output.
5. Ability to document and present analysis results in a clear, compelling style.
6. Highly self motivated and professional. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver high-quality materials. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong working relationships and effectively influence all levels of business.
8. Ability to own the process for the particular deliverable, understanding the deliverable in great detail and all its complexity
1. Key understanding on flexible packaging methods as this would ease out efforts in implementing the ideas from internal flexotronics team.
2. Knowledge on Food processing & sustainable materials.
3. Knowledge on Pharmaceutical & Bio medical packaging experience.
4. Biochemistry knowledge
5. Structural Designing Exposure.
6. Exposure on the base material aspects of its various applications.
7. Supply chain solutions knowledge