- B.Tech in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical from IIT (Delhi, Powai, Chennai, Kanpur, Kharagpur, and Guwahati) or from NIT Warangal/Trichy/Suratkal from batches 2007/ 08/ 09/ 10.
- Experience :
5-7 years of experience in manufacturing in Engineering or Projects / Manufacturing / Production, Operations.
To provide technical leadership in the areas of engineering practices, technology evaluation, project management, statutes & acts and EHS for the manufacturing unit and enable a conducive learning environment that stimulates creativity, innovation and continual improvement in the department.
- We are looking for engineers, who have experience ranging in the areas of operations, engineering and project management.
- The candidate should have lead / enabled effective manufacturing operations and contributed to the development and implementation of maintenance systems so as to achieve maximum productivity, product quality & safety.
Principal Accountability & Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of infrastructure, equipment, utilities and spares for producing the required products.
- Identify the direction and imperatives for the department for achieving desired results of the unit plan and ensure resources are focused, in synergy with other departments.
- Plan and budget for initiatives towards providing a flexible manufacturing set up to add value to the product in terms of lower cycle times, recurring costs, brand value.
- To assist Chief Engineer in formulating policies for asset replacement, obsolescence determination, etc.
- To ensure that all the projects identified are directed towards providing measurable benefits and values to business.
- Ensure - Engineering Best Practices- are benchmarked.
- Identify gaps in skill requirement for present and anticipated needs. Prepare and implement training and development of skills and managers.
- Evaluate performance for review and correction.
- Liaison with external environment for statutory sanctions and compliance on Factories Inspectorate, environment, electricity and boiler.
- Liaise with union on departmental issues.
- Identify and develop vendors and contractors to provide quality service at competitive market rates.
- Enable a conducive learning environment that stimulates creativity, innovation and continual improvement.
Knowledge: Exposure to shop floor operation management, engineering management, project management