- Will be responsible for the entire strategic & operational procurement and material management activities.
- Displays an overriding commitment to health, safety & environmental responsibility.
- Mentors, trains and provides direction & supervision to the Contracts, Procurement & MM team
- Directs work flows and processing of Purchase Requisitions, Supply and Service Contract Requests, Purchase Orders and Contracts by working closely with the Senior Supervisors
- Ensures the timely, efficient delivery of equipment, parts and services to end users
- Executes the development of Contracts and Procurement strategy, standards, processes and plans for all Operations/ capital works
- Identifies and implements improvement initiatives, including opportunities for increased capital efficiency and productivity in the function
- Provides input to department processes and budgets.
- Provides data to SCM Manager for departmental reporting & control