GOCC Manager should be a senior-level professional, with experience in managing projects and programs in global delivery environment. The incumbent regularly works under deadlines and is capable of handling extreme workloads. He/she should be responsible for applying tools and resources for the successful delivery of projects by coordinating with onsite counterparts. He/she should be responsible to ensure operational efficiency by coordinating with supporting departments such as Finance, IT support, facility, Human Resource and Recruitment.
* Building Organization
o Build the team with right technical skills based on transition strategy (Screening, Short-listing and interview and co-ordination of onsite interview)
o Implement training and development plan for team members to fill the technology and process gaps
o Align the team with GOCC work processes
* Improving Organizational efficiency and Processes
o Improving efficiency in hiring and transition of projects
o Objective Settings and Evaluation
o Develop and assign training targets
o Compensation Management
o Accurate billing to Executive management and customers
o Execute rewards and recognition programs to improve team morale and productivity
* Delivery and Account Management
o Working through issues and barriers the team may bring up; ensure adequate focus/priority is given to common issues and barriers
o Support underperforming team by team realignment and resource leveling
* In addition to managing team members, work in day-to-day operations as "one of the team"
o Work with the top IT business team to identify and understand business requirements for Oracle change controls, and convert them into techno-functional designs.
o Oversee, develop and implement these solutions from beginning to end.
o Assist other members of the team with their designs -- providing guidance and oversight.
o Report summary change control status to on-site with our change control manager
o Perform patch analysis for the quarterly Oracle CPU (Critical Patch Update) patches
o Identify impacts of these patches on each of the Oracle platforms
* Good Understanding of software development lifecycle and 5-10 years of Oracle/Siebel Applications experience from both a technical and functional perspective.
* Experience in multiple core Oracle/Siebel Applications modules such as Inventory, Purchasing, Order Management, General Ledger, CRM etc.
* Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
* Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
* Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management business unit.
* A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
* Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
* Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
* Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members.
* Bachelor's in Engineering/Master of Computer Applications/Master of Computer Science
* Preferable to have Management Degree or Diploma
* Project Management / Program Management Certifications (preferred but not required)
* Overall 15 + years of experienced in Software Development
* Above five years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.