Educational Qualification: Masters degree in Social Science or Rural Development, LLB or any relevant Master degree.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the related organization, NGOs or government organizations is desirable. Work experience in the area of housing for the poor and underprivileged community.
* To prepare strategies and implement the policies in order to achieve the objectives of the organization.
* To manage housing, legal documents and related services on behalf of the organization.
* To follow up with the existing stakeholders to understand the difficulties faced for maintenance and repairs related issues.
* Identifying and scrutinizing the genuineness of new stake holders and actual need of the applicant.
2) Major responsibilities:
* Understanding the eligibility, modifying and developing criteria if required.
* Understanding their needs, searching the suitable housing options, negotiating, purchasing along with complete legal documentations.
* Provide expert advice and input in the shaping and implementation of the housing plan, in line with the organizational strategy and plans.
* Devise and monitor results, processes and work planning; to ensure that communication and planned goals are met and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
* To ensure optimum performance of the housing team towards achieving housing objectives.
* To report weekly on performance and compliance of housing team on policies, procedures and processes.
* Responsible for preparing monthly reports, annual reports, budget preparation, KMI, proposals, MOUs etc.
* To operate within approved levels of authority.
* To ensure accurate and timely collation of data and effective processes.
* To identify and implement 'best practice' and innovative solutions to achieve accreditations and to work towards continuous improvement.
* To do field work in order to do surveys of the stake holders to take genuine decisions; inspecting properties and legal documents.
* Local, regional, national and sometimes international travel is required in order to successfully execute the programme.
3) Skills Required:
* Must be able to demonstrate experience of managing systems and processes.
* Ability to plan, and prioritize work.
* Ability to work as part of a team and take initiatives.
* Experience of preparing and presenting reports to CEO/Committees/Board.
* Must have a sound knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements, relevant to housing management.
* Knowledge of rules, regulations and by-laws governing housing policies.