1. Knowledge of current applicable statutes (Safety, Health & Environment) and ITC norms.
2. Understanding of standards relating to EHS including ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
3. Conceptualizes layout design to assist in process & work flow, ergonomics in terms of ventilation, lighting, pollution control, safety and access.
4. Capable of proactively deploying methods and technologies for Risk Assessment and Control. Through understanding of different audit methodologies and ability to plan and prepare for both internal and external audits.
5. Ability to identify the training needs related to EHS and organize inputs.
6. Understands the risks at the different work stations in his area of operations and adopts appropriate measures to control.
7. Has detailed knowledge of EHS systems and procedures as prescribed by statutes and ITC norms, in his area of operation.
8. Can ensure compliance of EHS systems, procedures while introducing new equipment / processes.
9. Knowledge of ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001 systems and procedures.
10. Knowledge and implementation of fire protection and preventive systems and equipment, knowledge of emergency preparedness.
Educational Qualifications :
- First Class B.Tech from reputed institutes specialized in the field of Mechanical, Electrical along with Diploma in Industrial Safety (Preferably from Regional Labour Institute & Central Labour Institute) or Post graduate from NIT - Tiruchirappalli
1. Candidates should be flexible with locations.
2. Reading, Writing and Speaking Kannada is mandatory.
3. Should have good communication skills.