Job Description :
Responsible for the preparation of estimating procedures used on projects. The individual is responsible for acting autonomously on smaller projects. The individual may also be responsible for providing general supervision and/or administrative direction to a staff of estimating personnel on larger projects.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinates and directs the estimating functions on projects to provide guidelines and reports for responding to client and project management requirements.
* Develops quality material, labor, and subcontract take-offs, coordinates information between the Engineering, Purchasing, and Construction groups, and helps determine the Project Execution Plan. Executes indirect and conceptual estimates with direction.
o Development of the estimate basis o Develops and maintains project-level and control-level specialty estimating schedules o Provides proposal and study support
o Works with Engineering disciplines to prepare the Estimate Schedule
o Assists in the development of Home Office and Construction Budgets
o Maintains established Specialty Estimating Systems, Procedures, and Manuals
o Defines the intent and use of the estimate based on an understanding of the Proposal and/or contract terms.
* Establish total project estimates. Seasoned expertise is required to ensure that all pertinent information is updated in relation to the present scope of work. This position may require direct interface with the client and frequent interfaces in the field with contractors. This position requires direct contact with all required functional areas.
* Maintains and supports the office estimating database
* Establishes and maintains local estimating information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
Basic Job Requirements :
Engineering graduate with 12 to 20 years of relevant experience in EPC industry.