Our enterprise web services team is a highly visible component of nearly all of Monotype products. At Monotype you'll enjoy an exciting and fun atmosphere with like-minded individuals, relaxed dress code and exceptional benefits. Our Monotype team in Noida is hiring a Lead Engineer to develop moderately complex services in C#, WCF and SQL Server as backend.
* Determine best approach to accomplish back end development efforts for web projects
* Continually streamline existing back end processes in an increasingly intricate environment
* Troubleshoot and debug existing software code
* Develop technical specifications and architecture suggestions for web-based applications
* Work with project team in developing and implementing web services to support multiple websites
* Maintain active awareness of web technologies.
* Design and develop highly efficient services that achieves both our performance and scalability goals
* Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
* Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality
* May perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer
* Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
* Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
* Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
* Contributes to technical research on new technologies
* Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some design aspects
* Works collaboratively and professionally with other Monotype associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
* Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
Desired skills and experience:
* 8+ years of software development experience with C# and .NET
* Expertise in C#.Net 4.0 and 4.5; Visual Studio 2010 and 2012
* Advanced experience in WCF with multiple bindings.
* Experience in diagnosis, testing of WCF Services
* Experience in JSON and XML Serialization and Deserialization Techniques
* Good knowledge in Web API or Service Stack Frameworks or any other Frameworks
* Expertise with MVC, design patterns, and modern architectural trends
* Experience with HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, service-oriented architecture (SOA), Web Services, WCF and REST protocols and how they relate to developing loosely coupled integration amongst enterprise software applications
* Experience in current software design practices including; object-oriented design, interface design, extensibility, testability, modularity, service-oriented architecture, and abreast of modern architectural trends
* Experience with ADO.NET and Entity Framework
* Experience in writing SQL queries and stored procedures of moderate complexity on SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
* Experience with ALM practices such as unit testing, branching & merging, build automation, and continuous delivery cycles
* Knowledge of the Agile Scrum methodology and the various aspects such as Sprints, Stories, Tasks, Impediments, etc.
* Familiarity with Team Foundation Server and build management
* Experience in writing effective unit tests
* Experience mentoring less-experienced developers
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, especially in representing their technical expertise to a diverse audience.