* Prepares/Reviews piping specification, pipe classes, pipe wall thickness including external pressure calculation and branch chart calculations.
* Has good knowledge of piping material selection and develops piping service class index in consultation with corrosion engineer and process engineer.
* Has good knowledge of Code for Pressure Piping, ASME 31.3, ASME 31.1, ASTM, ANSI, API standards and applies these requirements on projects.
* Prepares/Reviews RFQ for all piping bulks, valves, SP items.
* Reviews offers against RFQ's for all piping material and prepares bid tab.
* Should have managed projects as piping material lead in the past.
* Good knowledge of piping bulks Indian and International industry current practices
* Assists all interfacing, engineering and construction groups in the area of piping material.
* Advises on all technical deviations of piping material proposed by vendors, site.
* Identifies deviations in job scope, estimates magnitude of changes. Able to resolve all piping material related issues in project.
* Assures that quality control procedures are enforced for assigned work.
* Able to work in a team environment across multiple offices and work sites and demonstrate effective communication.
* Ensures communication flow, both verbal and written, is maintained within Piping Engineering and other design, engineering, and purchasing disciplines.
* Develops project standards for piping material or advance complex details as needed with minimum supervision.
* Prepares/Reviews datasheets for all piping special items like special valves, strainers, traps, flame arrestors etc.
Basic Job Requirements
B.Tech with with 15 to 24 years of relevant experience in a Consulting / Engineering (EPC environment) pertaining to Hydrocarbon / Petro-chemical / Oil & Gas sectors.
Good knowledge and understanding of Material Management Software is required
Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets
Knowledge and understanding of complete Material Control cycle and MTO work processes