This is a leading role in a busy global multi-disciplinary hydropower team working on large and medium scale hydropower projects.
The hydropower project director directs project managers and takes overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects.
Types of project include:
- pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, design and specification, implementation and commissioning
- design and development of new and existing hydropower schemes and due diligence services and advice to developers and scheme purchasers
The project director works with the resource manager and business development director to ensure exceptional standards are maintained, that staff are developed and that technical direction is provided to the hydropower teams.
Mott MacDonald is involved in some of the largest hydropower mega projects in the world. There will be a need for occasional travel.
For this role candidates will require:
- a relevant engineering degree
- experience in the planning and development of hydropower schemes and associated plant
- a flexible mind with good team skills
- membership of an appropriate professional institution
- experience with planning, development and analysis of pumped storage hydropower projects
- proven experience in providing technical leadership to multidisciplinary project teams in a global environment.
- previous experience working in a consultancy would be highly desirable.