Health Safety & Environment Manager, provides HSSE oversight for onsite operations and work activities for FM Services at the Camp Accommodations in Oman. HSE Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant BP, Agility and legal standards. Promotion and oversight of the BP Golden Rules of Safety. Maintain monthly, weekly, daily reporting statistics on performance. Development of site HSSE processes and ensure Subcontractors' compliance with all contract requirements.
* Identifies and analyses surface operations, hazards, and perform risk assessments
* Provide training on risk assessment tools
* Reviews the HSSE aspects in all Subcontractor's method statements, plans, schedules, and procedures to ensure they match the agreements in the BP -- Agility and Subcontractor bridging documents and Authority to Operate (ATO) documentation.
* Assists and advises on the preparation of Risk Assessments and supports the contractor on tool box talks and safety interventions as required.
* Organizes and participates in safety audits and weekly HSSE Meetings with the BP and Subcontractors; Identifying and correcting any deviations from the requirements
* Participates in periodic (daily, weekly, etc.) Progress Meetings
* Reviews all incidents, safety flashes, etc. to ensure lessons learnt are identified and disseminated at safety meetings or at tool box talks
* Leads Crisis Management and Emergency Response training drills and exercises; and lead on-scene command structure in a field event
* Leads as required in safety and environmental incident investigations and case management (return to work) of injured parties
* Conducts and leads reviews, inspections and audits of Agility operations and subcontractors
* Demonstrable health, safety behavior and mitigation of unsafe conditions
* Be fully conversant with BP's Golden Rules and have the ability to provide advice and direction
Communication and Working Relationships
Possesses strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, Position requires experience and/or comfort when verbally communicating with, training and presenting to, the varying levels of staff, management, officials and executives.
Candidate must possess the ability to lead and manage a full HSSE team of 20+ professionals.
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Experience Level
* Bachelor's Degree Required. Prefer Engineering or similar sciences
* Seven to ten years experienced working on similar projects and/or environment
* Experienced Manager
* Proven track record with ability to establish, improve and maintain HSSE requirements
* Adobe Acrobat
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Attributes
* Masters in Environmental Management (or equivalent)
* Easily adaptable to a dynamic environment
* Excellent project management skills
* Creative problem solver