Responsible for the implementation and enforcement of the Risk & Compliance and Professional Standards for India. Will report to the Asia Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, implement and enforce Risk &Compliance and Professional Standards efforts for the company.
KRAs & Specific Roles:
* Responsible for the support and implementation of Risk &Compliance efforts for the company and promotion of an ethical and legally compliant business culture. Partner with senior management and regional compliance teams to achieve desired compliance results.
* Is accountable for ensuring participation and execution of compliance standards in the areas of Compliance policy enforcement, Professional Standards, Client Service Agreements, Errors & Omissions (E&O), and Learning (HR).
* Actively participates on appropriate executive, leadership, and/or operating committees, so as to ensure the Risk &Compliance function is integrated with business operations.
* Responsible of managing regulatory relationship with and reporting to local bureaus across China.
* Responsible for conducting process reviews with members of the local office and/or department compliance network to ensure transparency processes and procedures are effectively implemented and utilized.
* Responsible for ensuring all TPP submissions, renewals and payments comply with company policy and procedure; ensure on time submission and renewal.
* Interpret regulations/directives and global/regional policies; and develop procedures, policies, processes and training to support the compliance function in conjunction with all internal and external standards and regulations and communicates and executes within the country/practice.
* Authorized to investigate all compliance and procedural issues including recommendations to the Risk and Compliance committees for consequences of potential non-compliance based on facts identified through the investigation process under auspices of Internal Review & Response.
* Provides input to senior operational leadership on the status of compliance, transparency, and overall professional liability performance of colleagues.
* Responsible for implementing an effective E&O network and ensuring effective processes exist to address E&O Prevention (Pre Loss) and Mitigation (Early Intervention Committee Reviews Oversight).
* Partners with E&O coordinator in triaging, investigating, mitigating, and closing claims as well as assisting in reviewing claims history, identifying trends, and developing awareness education to avoid repeatable incidents.
Member of India Risk & Compliance committee or any similar effort of the company.
LLB with 10 - 20 years industry experience. Have Operational brokerage experience from advisory, placement or consulting organizations.Has the ability to work well within a matrix organization. Process improvement training for identification of areas to create greater efficiency; and the ability to drill down to root causes, develop solutions, and lead process change. Aptitude and attitude for Risk &Compliance, ethical behavior and avoiding conflicts of interest demonstrated by personal integrity and accountability.Continued training in Professional Standards and Compliance so as to serve as subject matter expert in area of responsibility. Works collaboratively and collegially with all operational colleagues to be a partner so Risk & Compliance becomes a differentiation in serving our clients and is a competitive advantage for the company.