Skills/ Experience (mandatory)
1. Good analytical and problem solving skills
2. To be able to tune Hadoop solutions to improve performance and end-user experience
3. Strong development skills around Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, MapReduce
4. Ability to read and interpret data schema
5. Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
6. Work closely with engineering teams to integrate innovations and algorithms into production systems.
7. Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis -- and then do the analysis
8. Good skills in Java/ J2EE
9. Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
10. Strong communication and client interaction skills
11. Develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions
12. Team management experience
Skills / Experience (desired)
1. Deployment and trouble shooting of big data product experience in distributed environment
2. Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
3. Experience with Machine Learning and/or Statistics using R a plus
Job / role description
Develop various facets of the Hadoop ecosystem, real time data processing, Map Reduce jobs
Understand and document technical requirement from the functional requirement provided by the client
Mentor and provide technical leadership for the team
To enjoy being challenged and to solve complex problems on a daily basis;
To have excellent oral and written communication skills;
To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
Create documentation in support of the deliverables
Participate in various calls with client such as daily stand up, weekly meeting etc.
Interact with client through emails and tele-conferences to discuss / understand requirements and provide status update
Report progress of allocated task to Team lead and Project lead
Follow CitiusTech quality management systems.
Location Airoli, MindSpace