5-8 years' experience with elements of the Hadoop ecosystem, including HBase, HDFS, Map Reduce, Zookeeper, and Pig
*Knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregations)
* Shell scripting experience with Linux flavored O/S
* Continuous evaluation of Hadoop infrastructure requirements and design/deploy solutions (high availability, big data clusters, etc)
* Understand the end to end architecture and process flow. Understand Business requirements and involvement in design discussions.
* Have an excellent understanding of how the Hadoop components work and be able to quickly troubleshoot issues.
*Be able to benchmark and fine tune an Hadoop cluster
* Exposure to automation scripts, performance improvement & fine-tuning services / flows
* Experience to VMware BDE is plus.
* Ability to work in high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to listen and clearly communicate ideas
* Strong initiative: must be able to take high-level requirement, ask questions/get clarifications, and get the job done
*Must work well in a team environment (have the ability to cultivate positive customer relationships)