GM -- Sales
Job & Candidate Profile
* Education - MBA/PGDM
* Post qualification experience of 14-16 or more years of Sales and Marketing Management experience in FMCG/Retail/Auto/Paints etc.
* Exposure in the corporate setting in other functional areas such as Sales Operations, and Sales Training is highly desirable.
* Track record of developing people for higher levels of responsibility is necessary.
* Experience in managing teams of people including cross-functional team management.
* Ability to delegate and get things done through others is a prerequisite.
* In-depth knowledge of channel management, strategy development, sales force management, sales force expansion, and tactical implementation are necessary.
* Attain company' s business and tactical plan objectives.
* Direct and manage all critical sales, customer relations, and reporting functions in order to achieve optimal results.
* Analyze overall sales force effectiveness and develop solutions that will improve performance and resource utilization.
* Coordinate with management peers, cross-functional team members and colleagues to optimize brand and launch strategies.
* Represent company to external clients and serve as a role model for senior management to subordinates/managers/partners.
* Act as a resource in areas of business & sales planning and data interpretation.
* Apply in-depth knowledge of and experience in industry, sales strategies and tactics, performance management, distribution, etc
* Maintain focus in a fast-paced and dynamic environment which includes managing the complexities of business relationships.
* Achieve sales and expense management goals.
* Ensure deployment and development of highly effective, skilled, cohesive, and motivated sales management and sales teams.
* Effectively analyze sales and market data to identify opportunities and areas of concern.
* Strategically allocate sales effort and resources based on segment priorities ensuring alignment with the sales teams.
* Complete training and regular field visits with Sales Managers.
* Effectively coach members of the sales team.
* Conduct regular sales meetings focused on sales progress, competitive issues, opportunities, and training.
* Make periodic presentations to senior management regarding sales trends, market characteristics and resource needs.
* Address performance management issues effectively, engaging HR, supervisor, etc. as needed.
* Assist in the development of sales goals, training programs, incentive plan design and sales force alignment, among other strategic sales initiatives.
* Manage Sales Managers.
* Abide by Company policies and government laws and regulations.
* Ensure training of the sales force avoiding Legal and ethical issues