Implementing vision and values of the organization.
Purpose of the Role: Heading all manufacturing operations and delivering the budgeted quality, productivity, deliveries, capacity utilisation, maintenance & safety standards, manufacturing costs. Must meet customer expectations in terms of service & quality.
KRAs & Specific Roles:
Delivering forecasted and planned quantity of production outputs SKU wise on a monthly basis ensuring market service levels as defined.
* Ensuring quality control and assurance of RM, in process and finished goods with accountability for cost of poor quality.
* Strict adherence to signed quality & safety standards
* Determining ways and means to improve plant productivity / efficiencies and drive cost efficiencies (tangible) and bring about overall reduction in the cost of production. To this end, ensure appropriate use of costing systems, data and analyses.
* To improve overall equipment utilization
* To ensure machine up-time through planned shutdowns for preventive maintenance and quick turnarounds of breakdowns.
* To ensure capacity utilization, line and labor productivity and plan for capacity expansions ahead of need.
* To ensure CAPEX implementation as per budgets.
* To ensure that the factory team of managers and workmen are in a state of high motivation as evidenced in their problem-solving approach, willingness to stretch and willingness to collaborate with other teams.
* To ensure adequate pipeline of talent and skills for succession by designing and activating a work force career path and plan in collaboration with HR
* To ensure high standards of safety, health, hygiene and effluent treatment. Eliminate occupational hazards and disease and ensure prime health in the work teams.
* Ensure appropriate hygienic factories and transportation to employees.
* Introduction and implementation of world class systems including 6-sigma, quality circles etc.
* Ensure compliance of all legal norms
* Maintain hygiene & cleanliness as per statutory requirements
* To be directly accountable for development of employees reporting to him and next level.
BE/B.Tech (Chemicals / Polymers / Plastics / Dairy / Foods / Oils) aged 37-48 with 15-28 years experience in manufacturing of chemicals, foods, dairy, paints, plastics, pharma, nutraceutcals and other process industry organizations. Must be holding a leadership position and have exposure to modern, automated technology, machinery & manufacturing, ISO.Must be exposed to modern management thinking & processes e.g. quality circles, 6-sigma etc. Must be currently head of manufacturing of an organization or division of an organization having headcount of at least 300.