Lead the Supply Chain Procurement Team by driving efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement in the material procurement process but not limited to the same. The position is transnational and is based out of Dubai (Initial 4 to 6 months will be in Mumbai). Must possess an excellent technical background and a flair for pre-qualifying vendors and companies from different business verticals to partner/associate with them. Person having worked towards catering to Institutional and Government Sectors will be preferred. Exposure to contract management will be an additional plus. Experience in dealing with the European and CIS markets are a plus. Should be able to head the offshore division and manage the day to day administrative activities.
The responsibilities are as under:-
1. Prepare tender documents as back office work for submission of tenders in Africa.
2. Collect quotations from entire globe and prepare tender based on the quotations collected.
3. Maintain the validity of prices with suppliers until tender results are known from East Africa which are sometimes very long.
4. Ensure supply on award of tender at agreed pricing or better pricing with better terms.
5. Providing any support requested from Head office at Tanzania in the form of logistics arrangement for visiting seniors or management from East Africa.
6. Procuring any items from India required from group companies at East Africa and exporting them to East Africa.
In your role as a Senior Procurement Manager you will be:
Utilizing and managing cross functional groups to drive Procurement Cost reductions
Negotiating agreements and implement robust Strategic Sourcing methods to procure good/materials.
Supporting top line growth via innovation and delivery of unique and sensitive materials for the Government sectors in Africa
Create SOP for the offshore division, implement and review them.
Developing business continuity plans
Identify , Develop, Locate and implement diversity based suppliers
Lead and manage the offshore team and develop them.
Head the Offshore branch and oversee the entire administration there.
Ability to influence decision makers; exhibit excellent relationship management skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelors degree in engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil ) MBA preferred with significant experience in supply chain and/or procurement (i.e., manufacturing process, strategic sourcing, negotiating and contracts).
Degree / Diploma in Supply Chain Management is a must.
Commodity Trading Experience is an additional plus
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of Supply Chain procedures
Ability to manage cross functional sourcing teams.
Microsoft Office skills.
15 - 20 years of related experience in organization of repute